Sunday, January 19, 2014

CTELE Expectations

It's the beginning of a new semester and it's time to reflect on the direction I'd like this semester to go. Specifically, what are my expectations for my class, Creating Technology-Enhanced Learning Environments (CTELE)?

So far, it seems a lot like Educational Technology and Design. Apparently this course has been called "Ed Tech & Design on steroids." I'm excited for this because I really loved Ed Tech & Design, and I'm looking forward to the challenges that CTELE will bring. I'm really happy to be diving more into the content related to my minor, and I feel that I will enjoy the project-based learning that it seems to be full of. I enjoy ways to use my creativity and learn about technology. Though Ed Tech & Design was structured in much the same way, I feel as though this course is more broad and open, so it leaves more room for my own interpretation of the content. While this intimidates me to an extent, I think that I am ready for this challenge.

Technology is something that I'm very passionate about, and I definitely want to incorporate technology into my classroom someday (do I really have a choice in this day and age? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! ;). I'm looking forward to learning practical strategies and tools for effectively using technology in my classroom, and I'm so glad that this is such a hands-on course; I'd much rather learn about something by doing it, instead of just reading and talking about it. I don't know exactly what that's going to end up looking like, but I do know that there are going to be various individual and group projects, and I'll get to work with this blog (so you'll hear from me more often!), flipcharts on the Promethian Board (I have no idea what that's going to look like yet), and WikiSpaces (I had a less-than-great experience with WikiSpaces last semester...hopefully this semester is much better! Click here to check out our class' Wiki), among other things.

Overall I'm really happy to be starting this course and I'm excited to see where it goes and what I'll create and learn as a result! Stay tuned for next week's blog post! :)


Photo by US Department of Education, Flickr.com, http://www.flickr.com/photos/departmentofed/9606671841/sizes/l/

No comments:

Post a Comment